Custom Search

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Quote for the Week: Song of Songs

The Song of Songs
Chapter 3

1
B 1 On my bed at night I sought himwhom my heart loves-I sought him but I did not find him.
2
I will rise then and go about the city;in the streets and crossings I will seekHim whom my heart loves.I sought him but I did not find him.
3
The watchmen came upon meas they made their rounds of the city:Have you seen him whom my heart loves?
4
I had hardly left themwhen I found him whom my heart loves.I took hold of him and would not let him gotill I should bring him to the home of my mother,to the room of my parent.
5
I adjure you, daughters of Jerusalem,by the gazelles and hinds of the field,Do not arouse, do not stir up lovebefore its own time.


http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/songs/song3.htm

No comments:

Great Writing Prompt

WORDS from Everynone on Vimeo.