Custom Search

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Je t'aime; Laissez les bons temps roulez!;Say It Loud!... ~ February Celebrations Take The Sting Out of Winter

February is my absolute favorite month, second only to December. Most of my favorite things are celebrated during its too brief, 28 days. I get more than enough romance thanks to St. Valentine's Day. I fill myself up with a hearty helpings of great food, biegnets, red beans and rice, gumbo and rice, shrimp or chicken etoufee and rice, etc., because Mardi Gras doesn't mean Fat Tuesday for nothing. African-American History formerly known as Black History month falls during this period as well, so I get to celebrate my heritage and the topper, my birthday is in February, so I get to be grateful for another year. On the downside, February falls in the heart of winter and is two days shorter than the average month, but this makes its celebrations that much sweeter.

During the next few weeks, I will focus on writing forms expressly linked to romance, love letters, love notes, lyric poetry and others, as well as the work of African-American writers.

Tomorrow: How to Write A Love Letter

No comments:

Great Writing Prompt

WORDS from Everynone on Vimeo.