Custom Search

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Paulo Coelho On The Purpose of A Book

Sometimes, when you revisit books and authors, you find their offerings like a well sourced by a cool underground spring. You have to put out a little effort to get a drink, but the work can prove a respite, and the contents, once retreived, are always refreshing and almost sweet. The experience inspires you to bring a friend along on your next visit, so you can share it.

Quote for the Week


"One day the shelves in my apartment collasped, and I saw all my books on the floor, and I thought to myself, why all these books, to impress my friends?" the author of The Alchemist said, explaining how he lugs bags of books around in orde to give them away. " I feel a book must travel."--Paulo Coelho

No comments:

Great Writing Prompt

WORDS from Everynone on Vimeo.