Custom Search

Friday, December 30, 2005

Writing Prompt--Journal Writing for the New Year

Most of the writing books, I've read endorse journaling--for pracitice, to mine for ideas, to work through writer's block, etc. I keep a writer's notebook of sorts. It is small enough to fit in my purse. I jot down ideas, resources, even short pieces as they come to me, but it isn't a daily exercise.

I plan to make daily journaling part of my writing improvement plan for 2006. There are 400 pages of unlined journal pages awaiting me. I chose unlined pages, because I want to try some drawing and webbing activities I've encountered. We're going to see if I can become prolific.

This is not a New Year's resolution. It's a goal. There's a difference--subtle--but still a difference.
2006
Happy New Year!
2006
Desiré

Check out the Journal Writing Resources at Creativity-Portal.com

"The Art of Journal Writing
Journey of 1,000 words...
Do you want to start your own journal or diary? How about setting up your own electronic journal (or blog)? Do you want to discover the therapeutic aspects of writing, or need some inspiration for writing topics? If so, you'll find a wealth of information and articles here geared towards journaling, writing prompts, and blogging. "

--Chris Dunmire, Creativity-Portal.com

No comments:

Great Writing Prompt

WORDS from Everynone on Vimeo.