Custom Search

Monday, September 11, 2006

Je me souviens.~ I remember.

Word for the Week

As we commemorate the 5th anniverary of the destruction of the World Trade Center and the deaths caused, the motto of Quebec, "I remember," scrolls across my mind. Those whose friends and family members died on this day will not forget, because the absence of those they knew and loved is a constant reminder. The general public cannot forget, because the magnitude of 9/11 has changed the way we live, our laws, the way we travel and our national outlook. We remember, because to forget seems to invite the occurence of a similar man-made disaster, and thus we guard against it. A war on terror....I don't know about that...I do believe that more than anything, we are participants in the neverending struggle to recognize and encourage the best of human nature and curb its worst.

Peace to the souls of all who died at "ground-zero" on 9/11 and peace to you.

No comments:

Great Writing Prompt

WORDS from Everynone on Vimeo.